This policy is effective as of 1 June 2008
Comfort Care Services Principles
We understand you may not want everyone in the world to see the information you share with Comfort Care Services; that is why we give you control of your information. When you sign-up you have complete control over your files and who you choose to send them to. No one else will ever have access to your log-in and password and content unless you specifically choose to share it with them.
Comfort Care Services
Comfort Care Services believes you should have control over the information you choose to share.
If you have questions or ideas, please send them to email@example.com
Safe Use of Comfort Care Services
For information for users and parents about staying safe on Comfort Care Services, click here.
This privacy statement covers the site www.Comfort Care Services.com and its directly associated domains. If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact our privacy staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Information We Collect
When you register with Comfort Care Services, you provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, your email address, your telephone number, your address and any other personal or preference information that you provide to us.
When you enter Comfort Care Services, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all Comfort Care Services visitors. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using "cookies." A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to Comfort Care Services. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
We collect this information so that we can provide you with excellent service and offer personalised features. In most cases, we retain it so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on Comfort Care Services is a violation of the Comfort Care Services Terms of Service and should be reported to email@example.com
Comfort Care Services may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Comfort Care Services service through the operation of the service in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalised experience.
By using Comfort Care Services, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United Kingdom.
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18
We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Use of Information Obtained by Comfort Care Services
We reserve the right that when you register with Comfort Care Services, you create your own profile and privacy settings. Your profile information, may be displayed to people in the networks specified in your privacy settings to enable you to connect with people on Comfort Care Services. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by Comfort Care Services that we think you may find valuable.
Profile information is used by Comfort Care Services primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and to be presented to others permitted to view that information by your privacy settings.
Comfort Care Services may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service.
Generally, you may opt out of such emails here, though Comfort Care Services reserves the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
Comfort Care Services may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a network like our promotions so that we can provide you with continually evolving and excellent services from Comfort Care Services. We believe this benefits you. You can know more about the world around you and, where there are advertisements, they're more likely to be interesting to you. For example, if we think that a compatible service may be of interest to you, we might send you information highlighting the new service. But we don't tell the movie company who you are.
We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services, Comfort Care Services Platform developers and other users of Comfort Care Services, to supplement your profile. Where such information is used, we generally allow you to specify in your privacy settings that you do not want this to be done or to take other actions that limit the connection of this information to your profile.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
Comfort Care Services will provide you with privacy settings that restrict other users from accessing your information. Our network architecture and your privacy settings allow you to make informed choices about who has access to your information. We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you. For example:
- We may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about Comfort Care Services, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, to offer an online job application process, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilise third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Comfort Care Services-specified purposes.
- If you, your friends, or members of your network use any third-party applications developed using the Comfort Care Services Platform ("Platform Applications"), those Platform Applications may access and share certain information about you with others in accordance with your privacy settings. You may opt-out of any sharing of certain or all information through Platform Applications on the Privacy Settings page. In addition, third party developers who have created and operate Platform Applications ("Platform Developers"), may also have access to your personal information (excluding your contact information) if you permit Platform Applications to access your data. Before allowing any Platform Developer to make any Platform Application available to you, Comfort Care Services requires the Platform Developer to enter into an agreement which, among other things, requires them to respect your privacy settings and strictly limits their collection, use, and storage of your information. However, while we have undertaken contractual and technical steps to restrict possible misuse of such information by such Platform Developers, we of course cannot and do not guarantee that all Platform Developers will abide by such agreements. Please note that Comfort Care Services does not screen or approve Platform Developers and cannot control how such Platform Developers use any personal information that they may obtain in connection with Platform Applications. In addition, Platform Developers may require you to sign up to their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies, which may give them additional rights or impose additional obligations on you, so please make sure to review these terms and policies carefully before using any Platform Application. You can report any suspected misuse of information through the Comfort Care Services Platform and we will investigate any such claim and take appropriate action against the Platform Developer up to and including terminating their participation in the Comfort Care Services Platform and/or other formal legal action.
- We occasionally provide demonstration accounts that allow non-users a glimpse into the Comfort Care Services world. Such accounts have only limited capabilities (e.g., messaging is disabled) and passwords are changed regularly to limit possible misuse.
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Comfort Care Services service or using the Comfort Care Services name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- We let you choose to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers through sponsored groups or other on-site offers.
- We may offer stores or provide services jointly with other companies on Comfort Care Services. You can tell when another company is involved in any store or service provided on Comfort Care Services, and we may share customer information with that company in connection with your use of that store or service.
Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, photos, videos, or other items , this information may become publicly available.
Third Party Advertising
Changing or Removing Information
Access and control over most personal information on Comfort Care Services is readily available through the profile editing tools. Comfort Care Services users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to deactivate their Comfort Care Services account may do so on the My Account page. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of Comfort Care Services.
Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other individuals on Comfort Care Services, however, (e.g., sending a personal message to another Comfort Care Services user) you generally cannot remove such communications.
Comfort Care Services takes appropriate precautions to protect our users' information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). (To learn more about SSL, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer). Because email and instant messaging are not recognised as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services. If you have any questions about the security of Comfort Care Services Web Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacting the Web Site
©Comfort Care Services. All Rights Reserved.